Sure, at the beginning of every warm-weather season, there may be a few exciting purchases to compose a handful of outfits you just might be excited to wear in the coming months. But let’s be honest: For the most part, dressing for summer sucks. I mean, how much would you rather be layering to your heart’s content in the easy-to-dress-for, stylish and comfortable season known as autumn? The chillier time allows for leather jackets, ankle boots, dark colours and everything else a fashion editor loves.
Nonetheless, summer is here, and today we’re here to make it just a little easier (since reluctance can only get you so far). So if, like for me, summer dressing doesn’t exactly come naturally to you, consider this your guide to making it just a little more bearable. With some easy proposed “swaps”—seven, to be exact—we’ll have you feeling like your normal self all season, without making you sweat through all your favourite autumn pieces.
Scroll through to read about, see and shop each one!
1. Swap your leather jacket for denim.
2. Swap your sweaters for light long sleeves.
3. Swap your black boots for block heels.
4. Swap your coat for a robe jacket.
5. Swap your scarf for a bandana.
6. Swap your leather purse for a basket bag.
7. Swap your wool blazer for linen.
Opening Image: College Vintage