So how much do you know about the designer that has everyone buzzing right now? Read on for five fun facts you didn't know about Keller.
1. Clare Waight Keller is the first female artistic director of Givenchy. While the brand is French, Keller herself is thoroughly British—she was born in England and went to school in London. She succeeded Riccardo Tisci, who moved on to Burberry, and she previously led the charge at Chloé.
2. “Waight Keller studied for her BA at Ravensbourne College of Art,” as Business of Fashion writes. “She gained her Masters in Fashion Knitwear at the Royal College of Art. Calvin Klein hired Waight Keller from university on the strength of her graduate collection.”
3. She has won numerous awards. “Waight Keller was honoured with the Scottish Fashion Award for Scottish Cashmere Designer of the Year in 2007; in 2016 she took home the Editor’s Choice of the Year accolade at the Elle Style Awards,” Business of Fashion reports.
4. Keller is 47 years old and was born in Birmingham, England, on 19 August 1970.
5. At Givenchy, “Her artistic directorship encompasses both men’s and women’s ready-to-wear and accessories collections; haute couture collections; the brand’s global image; and childrenswear and sunglasses lines,” says Business of Fashion.