Welcome to The Glowdown, our new beauty series where we'll be diving into the beauty secrets of our favourite celebrities. We're putting them on the beauty hot seat with our quick-fire round of questions to find out the products they cannot live without, their skincare secrets and the beauty tips and tricks they have picked up along the way.
This month, we're talking to Australian supermodel Lara Worthington. As the first global ambassador for skincare brand Emma Lewisham, she's spilling her beauty secrets with us below.
Photo:@laraworthington; Photo courtesy on Emma Lewisham
1. Which makeup product gives you the biggest mood boost? I love blush; it’s the one product that will lift my face. Cream textures are my favorite. I’m using Westman Atelier Baby Cheeks Blush Stick in shade Dou Dou. I like to pop it around my eye sockets, too.
2. If you could steal someone else’s makeup bag, whose would it be? My friend Rosie Huntington-Whiteley. She is so incredibly knowledgeable on beauty and wellness.
3. You’ve got a spot. Are you team pop it or team leave it alone? The short answer is pop it. Popping pimples is so tempting. I know when to stop so that I can minimize any scarring. I use pure tea tree oil for breakouts. I do not mask enough, but Emma Lewisham’s Supernatural Sleeping Mask is the best; it works whilst you sleep to rebuild your skin’s barrier. Emma Lewisham is a genius.
4. You only have one product to use for the rest of your life—what is it? My absolute favorite product that I’d happily only use for the rest of my life is Emma Lewisham’s Skin Reset Serum. I have noticed real improvements in pigmentation, fine lines and my skin’s hydration. I love the texture!
5. What’s the best piece of beauty advice that you have ever received? Growing up, my mum was very strict about sunscreen application—even in the early '90s when a golden tan was the pinnacle of youth and a well-lived life. She always instilled that good sun protection is the most important thing you can do to preserve your skin.
6. It’s a bad hair day, what do you do? I’d reach for hair oil and just tie it back, turn it in to a treatment day.
7. What is your signature fragrance? I’ve worn fragrance every day since I was very young. I actually collected perfume bottles in high school. I have a lot of beautiful bottles. I’ve been wearing Christian Dior Bois d’Argent for many years. I quite like just having once fragrance throughout your life.
Photo:Photos courtesy of Emma Lewisham
8. Strong lip or a strong eye? If I’m going to do anything really, I’m going to mess around with my lips. My favorite is the La Bouche Rouge Chloë Sevigny lipstick; it’s the perfect mix between vibrant red and orange. Sometimes I do a dark red, and for that, I like Dior Rouge Dior 760. I like lipsticks that you don’t have to get too perfect.
9. You’re having your nails done, what’s your go-to colour? I like the idea of being unmanicured, that’s kind of sexy. But when I’m working, it’s usually OPI Samoan Sand or clear polish. Sometimes to lighten the polish, I add some base coat and mix the two together. I learnt that on TikTok.
10. What is your beauty philosophy in a sentence? I think it’s the inner workings of yourself that can make you look beautiful and feel beautiful. My approach to beauty has always been about building layers from within. I’m really into a holistic approach: diet, acupuncture, a hot bath or infrared sauna, and using the outdoors as medicine—I love ocean swims the most.
11. What is your favourite lipstick colour? The Liplacq from Isamaya beauty is my new favorite lip product! It tingles on the lips and plumps them significantly.
12. Candles, reed diffusers or nothing at all? I am such a homebody, home fragrances brings me a sense of comfort and warmth. I like Palo Santo and the Regime des Fleurs. The vessels are really nice too. I always like to recycle them as a place for my beauty brushes. My friend Yasmin Sewell has created the most heavenly fragrance brand, Vyrao. I love her candles and incense too. I buy them for all my friends.
13. If you could share one piece of beauty advice, what would it be? Nobody is perfect. I’ve learned it's the imperfections that are the real showstoppers. I also believe that your appearance will shine brighter if you are happier in your day-to-day life. Oh, and always use SPF!! One of my biggest changes with ageing is staying out of the sun. I used to be a real sun worshipper, but I try not to stay out in it now.
14. What beauty product do you recommend to everyone? Rose Inc Softlight Luminous Hydrating Concealer. I use this a little bit like foundation. I blot it where I need it and then blend it out with a brush.
15. Are you team dewy or matte? Dewy!
16. The greatest drugstore product for under £10? I’m all about cheap mascara. I love Maybelline Great Lash mascara.
17. Your brows, in one word: Not laminated.
18. Makeup primer: love it or hate it?
Hate it! I’ve just never thought I needed to add that extra step to my routine. Sometimes less is more for me.
19. What beauty rule do you always break? Always take off your makeup before bed. It’s a non-negotiable step for me always.
20. Would you rather have ultra-skinny brows or bleached brows? Skinny.
21. Which celebrity’s hair would you love to steal? I always reference people like Alexa Chung, Amber Valletta, Kate Moss—people who have somewhat similar haircuts or texture to me when I’m getting my hair done for events or photo shoots.
22. Which era of beauty inspires you most? Nineties for sure! I still use Pinterest and have a whole board of ’90s beauty.
23. Eyelash curlers: love them or hate them? Love them. I also heat them up, and they last so much longer.
25. Best beauty hack? Make your nail polish dry faster by soaking your nails in ice water after painting them.