This week, Kim Kardashian West returned to social media after her robbery during Paris Fashion Week in October, posting pictures on both Instagram and Snapchat. She also kick-started a new denim trend by posting a Snapchat of herself wearing extremely shredded boyfriend jeans. And Kim showed just how powerful she is on social media. According to Look, searches for this style of jean increased by a staggering 3600% just 24 hours after she wore them. Talk about the KKW effect.
Want to read more of the best fashion stories of the week? Here's what you might have missed…
1. Meet the new It girls of 2017. From Amina Blue to Halsey, these are the new faces that will have a moment this year.
2. Topshop brought back this unlikely '00s brand. Paris Hilton will be thrilled by the comeback of this noughties staple.
3. Zara's little-sister brand has suddenly become incredible. Shop our edit of the Spanish brand we recently rediscovered.
4. Kendall Jenner has a thing for this Manchester bargain label. The model keeps re-wearing her £40 boots from this brand.
5. If you're on a January health kick… Byrdie revealed the nine detox secrets celebrities don't want you to know about.
6. The velvet trend now extends to swimwear. And we turned to the experts to discover whether you can actually swim in these bikinis.
7. Not sure which colours to wear together? Then brush up on the freshest combos for 2017.
Want even more fashion updates? Read seven key New Year's resolutions from industry insiders to get 2017 off to a stylish start…