The best party dresses are like gold dust: They can be an irritatingly difficult thing to find even in the winter when sequins, sparkle and glitter abound—nobody wants a same-dress scenario, after all. But we're here to tell you that there are so many dresses to choose from that you can't fail to find something you'll love. There are so many, in fact, that the decision-making moment can be hard to pin down, which is not ideal if you're attending a wedding, a birthday or a fancy festive party.
Style du Monde
So if you answer yes to any of the following statements, we think we can help you out with your quest:
1. You want to find a party dress that does all the hard outfit work for you.
2. It needs to look incredible and memorable but not so OTT that you feel you cannot wear it ever again.
3. Your party dress needs to feel comfortable—when you're considering the cold of winter, one does want to be able to dance/chat/eat sausage rolls with ease.
4. If you're a Brit, you'll no doubt want your party dresses to hold some double-duty potential; there are many pieces here that you can layer up over your jeans for a more casual colder-weather look.
5. Your diary is crazy busy, and you don't have time to go to every single store in the world to find the perfect frock.
Did you answer yes to any of the above? Thought so. Keep reading because we've put together an editor-approved shopping list of the best dresses out there on planet fashion.