I'm putting it out there: I'm a candle hoarder. I have drawers full of them. From fresh, airy scents to woody, spicy aromas, I've got a plethora of options in my collection—one for every mood. And as a candle obsessive, I'm finally entering my favourite time of the year. With Christmas approaching, I'm gearing up to unwrap all of the most festive scents in my collection and turn my home into a Christmassy grotto.
The only problem is that when it comes to Christmas scents, I'm seriously fussy. The idea of filling my room with the sorts of traditional heady, sickly scents associated with Christmas makes me want to run for the hills. I like my festive candles to smell fresh and crisp and have a warming (but not headache-inducing) base that makes me want to snuggle up under a blanket. And after testing and trialling virtually every Christmas candle out there, I can safely say that I've found the best ones.
So if, like me, a sweet, heady Christmas candle isn't usually your vibe, keeping scrolling for the most deliciously elegant and festive candles around.
1. Diptyque Biscuit Scented Candle
It's rare that an entire candle collection ticks all of the boxes for me, but Diptyque's festive offering is always the exception. This particular scent smells like freshly baked biscuits but not in the gourmand sort of way that you might expect. It's fresh, smells expensive and is equally mouth-watering and cosy.
2. Jo Loves Christmas Trees
3. Space NK Shimmering Spice Candle
4. Maison Francis Kurkdijan pain D'Epices Candle
5. Neom Perfect Peace Scented Candle
Every year, Neom brings its A game in festive home fragrance, and it totally knocked it out of the park with this one. Pine and lime peel make this candle impossibly fresh and uplifting, while myrrh gives it a depth perfect for cosy evenings by the fire.
6. Diptyque Sapin Scented Candle
7. Beauty Pie Gingerbread Candle
8. Elemis Orangery Candle
9. Maison Francis Kurkdijan Mon Beau Sapin Candle
10. Jo Malone White Moss & Snowdrop Home Candle
Jo Malone's limited-edition festive scent, White Moss & Snowdrop, is my favourite scent of all time. I spritz myself in the perfume every day throughout December and have this burning in my living room all season long. It's sparkling, musky and unlike anything I have ever smelled.
11. Jo Loves Log Fires Scented Candle
12. The White Company Fir Tree Large Candle
13. Jo Malone Pine & Eucalyptus Luxury Candle
14. Maison Francis Kurkdijan Pomme D'Amour Candle
15. Neom Christmas Wish Scented Candle
16. Cowshed Winter Candle
17. Diptyque Flocon Scented Candle
18. Acqua di Parma x Emilio Pucci Notte Di Stelle Candle
Like burning log fires and fresh pine, this could potentially be my favourite candle of the season. It's so good, in fact, that I don't want to burn it because I'm already dreading it being finished. Plus, this year's edition is housed in a very chic Emilio Pucci jar.