Lucy Williams always provides endless holiday (and beauty) inspo.
No matter the occasion, I always overpack, justifying every additional item with a ‘you never know.’ Back to see my parents’ for a couple of nights? We’re talking five different outfit combinations, at least. An impromptu staycation? Let’s add in another four pairs of shoes and three similar-looking jackets. A trip to the coast? You best believe I’m packing every bikini I own. And no, I probably won't even make it into the sea.
If you think that’s bad, don’t even get me started on my thought process when packing beauty products, which win in the weight department hands down. Because of course I’ll need the four variations of curling iron and that purple-toned eyeshadow palette I’ve never once used before. Hey, you never know.
However, when you’re packing to go a little further afield you have to be slightly more methodical in your thinking—going over your allotted kg could set you back, after all. Plus, if you only have hand luggage, packing becomes like a fine art. Next month, I’m heading off on a sailing holiday to Greece. Although I have hold luggage, space is even more precious than usual due to the size of the cabins and to ensure the boat doesn’t get cluttered—we'll all take soft holdall bags you can store inside a cupboard as opposed to a hard case.
So I thought what better time to share with you the skincare, makeup and haircare products that will 100% make the cut, which really does say a lot. Read on for my product recommendations and tips and tricks for beauty packing effectively this summer.
1. The Flat Lay Co. Open Makeup Bag
I cannot explain to you how much this makeup bag has changed my life. Dramatic? Yes. But it's the truth. I usually do my makeup on the floor in front of the mirror and the amount of times I've rustled around trying to find a product while simultaneously spilling something on the carpet is pretty shocking (I'm exceptionally clumsy.) The drawstring bag lays flat in a circular shape, giving you a full view of your products and features zipped and Velcro pockets on the outside and inside, cushioned fabric to protect glass bottles, and elasticated bands to hold your tools and brushes securely. As you can see above, it's how I pack my makeup for all occasions.
2. Space NK Large Travel Bag
3. Hello Sunday The Everyday One SPF 50
4. Nuxe Tanning Sun Oil Face & Body SPF 50
5. Ouai St. Barts Body Crème
6. Bioderma Sensibio Cleansing Micellar Water
7. Byoma Creamy Jelly Cleanser
8. Vichy Mineral 89 72Hr Hyaluronic Acid and Squalane Moisture Boosting Cream
A simple, no-fuss cream suitable for all skin types and designed to deeply hydrate and strengthen the skin barrier. After being in the sun all day, it's the perfect pick to give your skin a moisture boost.
9. Bumble and Bumble Hairdresser's Invisible Oil Set
10. Aveda Sun Care Protective Hair Veil
11. It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC+ Nude Glow
12. YSL Nu Cheek and Lip Tint
13. Jones Road Gel Bronzer
14. Victoria Beckham Satin Kajal Liner
15. Beauty Pie Deluxe Eyeshadow Quad in Smoky Rose
16. Eyeko Limitless Lengthening Mascara in Brown
17. Rimmel Lasting Finish Lip Liner in Cappuccino
18. Rhode Peptide Lip Treatment