The 10 Fashion Stories That Had People Going Crazy in 2014
The year of 2014 was action-packed for the world of fashion. Keep reading to see some of the most buzz-creating stories of the entire year!
1. Kim Kardashian, Kanye West, and their daughter North landed the cover of Vogue's April 2014 issue. This is something people are still talking about.
2. Keeping it in the family, Kendall Jenner proved herself an It-model to be reckoned with, walking every major runway from Chanel to Giles Deacon, and even starring in campaigns for Givenchy and Balmain.
3. Taylor Swift took a majorly editorial turn for the cover of Wonderland magazine, and she was practically unrecognizable.
4. Speaking of magazine covers, there was that small matter of Kim Kardashian's nude shoot for Paper.
5. Amal Alamuddin went from being a relative unknown to one of fashion's most talked-about icons, almost overnight.
6. Outcast designer John Galliano was officially welcomed back into the fashion community by joining the ranks at Maison Martin Margiela as creative director.
7. The conversation on body acceptance was an incredibly prominent one, due largely in part to size-10 model Myla Dalbesio's casting in a straight-size Calvin Klein campaign.
8. News broke that The Blonde Salad blogger Chiara Ferragni would make $2 million in 2014, and the conversation around bloggers' role in the fashion world reached a fever pitch.
9. Solange Knowles got married in a cream-coloured pantsuit and a cape, and the fashion world couldn't stop talking about it.
10. Royalty converged when Beyoncé and Kate Middleton met face-to-face for the first time, and everyone was talking about what Queen Bey wore to meet the Duchess.