While You Were Working: This Week's Important Style News in Brief
This week has been an emotional one (perhaps due to yet another retrograde). We've laughed at a new bag trend that will make you chuckle. We've cried at the untimely passing of a music legend, which sent shockwaves through the world. So in case you've been held against your will from catching up on all of the latest style news (read: actually working at your desk), then here it is all for you in bite-size chunks you can easily repeat come dinner party-time tonight. Keep going to see the stories that interested us the most these past seven days…
1. The musical and fashion legend, Prince, sadly passed away at 57. The colour purple filled the world's social media channels—and once again, the inimitable dresser influenced the style world.
2. We answered the annoying conundrum of how to not be seen in the same dress as anyone else this year. So all of those awk wedding situations can now be handled in advance.
3. Buzzed-about model Iskra Lawrence opened up about the "plus-size" label, body confidence and more in Byrdie UK's exclusive chat.
4. Statistics revealed that these three celebrities are officially the most powerful attendees at Coachella. Can you guess who is on the list?
5. Bridal Fashion Week in New York surprised us all with one very unexpected wedding trend.
6. Ashley Madekwe—our new contributor—explained how S/S 16's key pieces work differently in L.A. and London. On which side does your sartorial spirit reside?
7. The fur slide conversation continued: Rihanna launched her Puma versions and they sold out immediately.
So there you have it, folks! To balance out this fact-finding exercise, check out our edit of the 50 most gorgeous new-in spring items you should shop now!